Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
→ Prices start from $1007 or £769 for 1 weeks
Volunteering through Photography
When it comes to wildlife preservation, there’s nothing more influential than the power of the lens. One photograph can tell so many stories. Which one might you tell?
With this project, not only will you be enhancing your portfolio as a wildlife photographer, but you will also be making an invaluable difference by bringing awareness to wildlife conservation in Zimbabwe. It’s your lens. Your story. Your power.
Had a really memorable time in Victoria Falls as a photography volunteer, made friends and contacts around the world and learnt so much about the country and the local communities! From doing the Lion research with the 4 cubs to night drives on the lookout for Hyena! Looking around a local homestead on Africa day as well as helping out at local schools, orphanage and old people’s home! It’s just overall been a really great experience and would definitely recommend it too anyone looking for research based projects, avid photographers and people wanting to help local teachers out and plan and teach lessons! Thanks guys!
A fabulous experience in the middle of nature. The staff are passionate people who are knowledgeable about wildlife and photography and taught us a lot. They are also engaged in many various projects for example in the community and schools.
Your Project, Your Purpose
Our Photography Coordinator will arrange regular assignments, accompanying researchers involved in large predator monitoring and other wildlife research, at Zambezi National Park. This park is home to lions, leopards, elephants, spotted hyena, buffalo and wild dogs among so many other creatures, so be always camera ready, because everywhere you turn is an enticing photo opportunity.
But it’s not all about the wildlife! Make an impact on local communities as well, documenting daily activities, taking portraits and capturing important social gatherings.
Also, every photograph you take may be used for marketing and educational purposes, making your contribution to this project, essential for its success. Maybe, you’ll take that picture that will WOW the world!
But that’s not all!
You have the opportunity to participate in our weekly photo contest and Facebook cover-photo contest. Show us what your lens can capture and we will share it on Social Media.
Get your camera ready. Charge your batteries. Focus! Because when it comes to wildlife preservation, it takes just one photograph to speak a thousand words and make a difference.
After all, it’s your eye, your project, your story.
A Day In Your Life
- Spend your days showing the world the one angle of the magnificent Victoria Falls that hasn’t been photographed yet, your angle.
- Enjoy amazing Photo Game Drives along the mighty Zambezi River and capture the abundance of wildlife that call this area home. With your keen eye you may even capture, the most elusive residents through your camera lens.
- Document all sightings as part of your daily tasks, but don’t get surprised by the unexpected models you’ll discover. This includes vulture feed shoots and night photography in Fuller and at the National Park.
- Participate in assignments designed to improve your photography skills, while exchanging ideas with your fellow photographers.
- Change the world, one picture at a time! Contribute to science by assisting field researchers actively working at the Zambezi National Park. Accompany biologists during their surveys on bush walks and even during unforgettable night drives.
- Participate in the Sunrise & Sunset activity, which is one of the most popular ones in this location. After all, the sun rising and setting at Victoria Falls is like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
- Enjoy extremely close encounters with lions by participating in the African Lion And Environmental Research Trust program (ALERT) and take that lion photograph that will definitely wow the world.
- Make a difference and mingle with local communities by capturing their daily activities.
- While you make lasting memories at this World Heritage Site, use your camera to tell your story about wildlife conservation and feel the power that comes with every click.
Our Start Dates for 2019 are:
- 7 & 21 October
- 4 & 18 November
- 2,16 & 30 December
Our Start Dates for 2020 are:
- 6, 13 & 27 January
- 10 & 24 February
- 9 & 23 March
- 6 & 20 April
- 4 & 18 May
- 1, 15 & 29 June
- 6, 13, 20 & 27 July
- 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31 August
- 7 & 21 September
- 5 & 19 October
- 2, 16 & 30 November
- 14 & 28 December
|Duration||Cost GBP||Cost USD|
|2 Weeks||£ 1,391.00||$ 2,376.00|
|3 Weeks||£ 1,766.00||$ 3,015.00|
|4 Weeks||£ 2,140.00||$ 3,655.00|
|5 Weeks||£ 2,515.00||$ 4,295.00|
|6 Weeks||£ 2,890.00||$ 4,935.00|
|7 Weeks||£ 3,265.00||$ 5,575.00|
|8 Weeks||£ 3,640.00||$ 6,215.00|
|9 Weeks||£ 4,015.00||$ 6,855.00|
|10 Weeks||£ 4,390.00||$ 7,495.00|
|11 Weeks||£ 4,765.00||$ 8,135.00|
|12 Weeks||£ 5,140.00||$ 8,775.00|
|Duration||Cost GBP||Cost USD|
|1 Week||£ 769||$ 1,007|
|2 Weeks||£ 1,099||$ 1,440|
|3 Weeks||£ 1,396||$ 1,829|
|4 Weeks||£ 1,691||$ 2,215|
|5 Weeks||£ 1,987||$ 2,603|
|6 Weeks||£ 2,282||$ 2,989|
|7 Weeks||£ 2,578||$ 3,377|
|8 Weeks||£ 2,873||$ 3,764|
|9 Weeks||£ 3,169||$ 4,151|
|10 Weeks||£ 3,465||$ 4,539|
|11 Weeks||£ 3,760||$ 4,926|
|12 Weeks||£ 4,056||$ 5,313|