Wildlife & Lion Conservation Photography
Antelope Park, Zimbabwe
→ 2020 Prices start from $1099 or £839 for 2 weeks
Volunteering through a camera lense
When it comes to wildlife preservation, there’s nothing more influential than the power of the lens. One photograph can tell so many stories. Which one might you tell?
With this project, not only will you be enhancing your portfolio as a wildlife photographer, but you will be playing a vital part in the lion conservation efforts. This is a unique opportunity to work in real close proximity with these majestic creatures.
It’s your lens. Your story. Your power.
I have been able to volunteer in the amazing photography project. I have been able to see first hand all the conservation and work this amazing place is doing while being fully emerged in the Zimbabwean culture. I have been able to capture many moments and shots while going on game drives through the bush and taking horseback safaris all over camp. The last few weeks have truly opened my eyes to the inner beauty of animal and given me the chance to follow my passions of photography. If you would like to experience wildlife and culture in some of its most natural elements I would suggest joining the photography project here at AP, its definitely an opportunity of a lifetime.
Your Project, Your Purpose
Did you know that only less than 20,000 lions remain in the wild? This sharp decrease is higher than any other species, including the rhino. With this project, you’ll be part of ALERT’s Lion Release Into The Wild Program by helping with feeding and collecting important research information. At the same time, you’ll get to meet these iconic animals face and face, learn a lot about their personalities and take that amazing picture that will wow the world.
The very nature of the Conservation and Release Into The Wild Program will allow you to get as close as it gets to these creatures, while they wander in the park and develop their natural hunting instincts. This is a fantastic opportunity that you will get nowhere else in Africa.
Be the eyes this project needs to make an impact on these creatures’ lives as every photograph you take will serve as great documentation of wildlife behaviour, including the lion’s and may be used for marketing and educational purposes. Your contribution to this project, therefore, is essential for its success.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in our weekly photo contest and Social Media cover-photo contest. If you show us what your lens can capture then we will share it with the world.
But it’s not all about the wildlife! With this project, you get the opportunity to get involved with all the other projects offered in the park. Make an impact on local communities that live alongside dangerous predators by documenting daily activities and capturing important social gatherings or specialize in sunset and sunrise photographs. You can choose your subjects and your inspiration muses.
Your participation in the Wildlife & Lion Conservation Project, will help bring awareness to the rapid decline of healthy African lions populations.. So get your camera ready, charge your batteries and focus! Because when it comes to wildlife preservation, it takes just one photograph to speak a thousand words and make a difference.
After all, it’s your eye, your project, your story.
A Day In Your Life
- Enjoy unique and unforgettable close encounters with magnificent African lions on a daily basis and spend your days showing the world the one angle of the lion that hasn’t been photographed yet your angle.
- Come before May 2019 and be one of the last volunteers to take our lions cubs for walks at Antelope Park! Don’t miss this amazing and unique opportunity photographing lion cubs!
- How many times were you able to document lion feedings before? This is literally, not just a treat for the lions, but for photographers from all over the world who want to improve their skills. With this project, you will document their feedings on a daily basis. Discover who’s boss among the males, take that shot in black and white or attempt a slow-motion video. Imagine all the possibilities! It’s your camera, after all.
- Be part of the research team that study minute by minute the Ngamo pride (on stage 2 of ALERT’s program) and assist by photo-documenting every sighting and every behaviour while you see how they really function in the wild as a pride.
- Talk about supermodels! Have you ever photographed African elephants? This is a very unique and special opportunity to work with the biggest models of Antelope Park. When we say the biggest, we mean it. Get that wide angle shot that you would not get anywhere else. Our 4 rescue elephants will pose for you and with you, to make it happen!
- Whether it’s a photograph of an animal or one of those incredible picturesque african sunsets, tell your story about Africa’s wildlife conservation and feel the power that comes with every click.
Photographers keep the copyright for all photographs taken while on this project, however Volunteer Encounter, ALERT, Wildlife Encounter and Antelope Park will also have exclusive, unlimited usage rights to those images.
Our Start Dates for 2019 are:
- 7 & 21 October
- 4 & 18 November
- 2,16 & 30 December
Our Start Dates for 2020 are:
- 6, 13 & 27 January
- 10 & 24 February
- 9 & 23 March
- 6 & 20 April
- 4 & 18 May
- 1, 15 & 29 June
- 6, 13, 20 & 27 July
- 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31 August
- 7 & 21 September
- 5 & 19 October
- 2, 16 & 30 November
- 14 & 28 December
|Duration||Cost GBP||Cost USD|
|2 Weeks||£ 1,362.00||$ 2,519.00|
|3 Weeks||£ 1,728.00||$ 3,197.00|
|4 Weeks||£ 2,095.00||$ 3,875.00|
|5 Weeks||£ 2,462.00||$ 4,553.00|
|6 Weeks||£ 2,829.00||$ 5,231.00|
|7 Weeks||£ 3,196.00||$ 5,909.00|
|8 Weeks||£ 3,563.00||$ 6,587.00|
|9 Weeks||£ 3,930.00||$ 7,265.00|
|10 Weeks||£ 4,297.00||$ 7,943.00|
|11 Weeks||£ 4,664.00||$ 8,621.00|
|12 Weeks||£ 5,031.00||$ 9,299.00|
|Duration||Cost GBP||Cost USD|
|1 Week||£ 839||$ 1,099|
|2 Weeks||£ 1,199||$ 1,571|
|3 Weeks||£ 1,523||$ 1,995|
|4 Weeks||£ 1,845||$ 2,417|
|5 Weeks||£ 2,168||$ 2,840|
|6 Weeks||£ 2,490||$ 3,262|
|7 Weeks||£ 2,812||$ 3,684|
|8 Weeks||£ 3,135||$ 4,107|
|9 Weeks||£ 3,457||$ 4,529|
|10 Weeks||£ 3,780||$ 4,952|
|11 Weeks||£ 4,102||$ 5,374|
|12 Weeks||£ 4,425||$ 5,797|