Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Community & Culture Volunteering
Few things are more fascinating and rewarding than immersing ourselves in a different culture. After the initial encounter, it’s when we realize that what we have in common is much more important than our differences.
With this project, not only will you be making an impact in the lives of rural communities by educating unprivileged children, empowering young girls and caring for old vulnerable people but you will also be experiencing the beauty of Africa’s adventure capital, Victoria Falls, every day!
Some of the poorest people are usually the happiest and the most generous. In fact, hundreds of volunteers have commented that they cannot believe how people in Zimbabwe are so happy and content yet they have so very little.
This is a chance of a lifetime to “Go Mad” (Make A Difference) and help local communities deal with their most challenging problems, while at the same time getting impacted by them. It is life changing!
Oliver Ronne Koberg
It was amazing to be part of the team working with the rural communities and truly making a difference. You build such special bonds members of the communities. What we can teach these kids is not a patch on what they can teach us!
Renate van den Doel
My time on the community project has been amazing. I got an amazing bond with the people at the projects and every time we arrived at one of the projects I was filled with excitement. I became best friends with pretty much everyone and I loved to see how we could really make a difference.
Your Project, Your Purpose
You will alternate your days between schools, mobile clinics and people’s homes as this project puts you face to face with Zimbabwe’s economic reality. It’s an incredibly rewarding, unforgettable and satisfying experience.
It’s been a very tough few years in Zimbabwe due to the economic problems the country has been going through. It has caused poverty, hunger and it has crippled the education system. With this project, the goal is to help and assist the people who need it the most.
Here’s where you make your big entrance!
This very unique opportunity will allow you to make a major difference in the future of this nation and your chance to change lives will come in many forms:
Young girls will be empowered through education thanks to your help. Orphans and young kids will be receiving extra aid thanks to your help. Patients living with HIV/AIDS and the elderly will benefit thanks to your help.
But let’s talk specifics!
In schools, your role will include assisting teachers by enhancing their lessons through resource provision and lesson planning. You may even have to step up when there are no teachers available. If they are taught on the advantages of living alongside and conserving wildlife habitats and ecosystem, then they will grow up to be conservationists.
After classes, play a vital role in enhancing the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children in Victoria Falls by helping run after-school programs. During the school holidays, activities may differ from the usual schedule. However, volunteer work will be equally engaging and rewarding during this time.
Assist the elderly, some of the most disadvantaged in Victoria Falls, by visiting once a week in the area’s Old People’s Home. When cultures come together, amazing things happen!
Helping Zimbabwe’s local communities, one person at a time!
A Day In Your Life
- Immerse yourself into a new cultural environment and expand your knowledge of Zimbabwe while working alongside our local support team and professional staff at the schools.
- Become much more than a teacher and more of a role model, when you help kids that are falling behind in their education, by providing one-on-one support that otherwise, they would not get.
- Empower young girls through education and support them in believing in themselves and embracing their everyday challenges.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children through activities, lessons and games at after school club programs run at a local orphanage.
- Make a difference when you visit the elderly in their homes, when you assist local teachers in rural schools and when you help social workers with mobile clinic visits.
- Assist with outreach initiatives in the local communities by delivering conservation education lessons in local schools and mingle with local communities by interacting with them during their daily activities.
- At an additional, fill your weekends with adrenaline activities like bungee jumping and white water rafting. Take advantage of optional trips to wildlife havens like Botswana’s Chobe National Park or visit our wild-born cubs in release sites located at our bases in Livingstone, Zambia or Antelope Park, Zimbabwe.
- Make friends for life with other international volunteers while you play a vital role in the conservation of one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and World Heritage Site, the magnificent Victoria Falls and also, the Zambezi National Park.
→ Prices start from $1524 or £1030 for 2 weeks
Our start dates for 2019 are:
We generally ask for volunteers to arrive at this project every other Sunday or Monday, and you can volunteer from 2 weeks up to 12 weeks.
- 7, 14 & 28 January
- 11 & 25 February
- 11 & 25 March
- 8 & 22 April
- 6 & 20 May
- 3 & 17 June
- 1, 15 & 29 July
- 12 & 26 August
- 9 & 23 September
- 7 & 21 October
- 4 & 18 November
- 2, 16 & 30 December
(This project remains open over the Christmas period)