Antelope Park, Zimbabwe
Volunteering with the Community
Nothing is more rewarding than lending a helping hand to those in need when it comes to health-related issues.
That’s why with this project, not only will you be playing a vital part in making a positive impact in the lives of unprivileged residents, but you will also be gaining invaluable experience by learning first hand how the medical system works in Zimbabwe.
This is a chance of a lifetime to “Go Mad” (Make A Difference) and help local communities deal with their most challenging problems.
Your Project, Your Purpose
As a healthcare volunteer, you’ll be part of one of the most rewarding, unforgettable and satisfying projects of your life.
You’ll be spending your days in some of the local clinics, situated in Zimbabwe’s poorest areas. The range of services you’ll be part of includes full maternity care, opportunistic infection (HIV and TB), extended program of immunization, outpatient consultation for children and adults and medical dispensing pharmacy among others.
Also, you will accompany qualified staff in supporting home-based care, not just physically but also psychologically.
But that’s not all!
You may join the overwhelmed staff at the busy maternity ward during the night shift and assist them during childbirth, which is not allowed or possible in first world countries.
And also, help with those who need it the most, like the chronically ill and the elderly.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime to provide help and service to clinics that are generally understaffed and lack resources.
By doing so, you’ll greatly improve the lives of those patients who depend on the program’s success.
Helping a whole community, one person at a time!
A Day In Your Life
- Experience hands-on how the medical system works in Zimbabwe by providing much-needed assistance in a clinic and learn about the challenges these local communities face every day.
- Immerse yourself in traditional Zimbabwean life and culture when you connect directly with patients that require extra care.
- Help dedicated nurses to bring new life into this world when you assist them during childbirth. It’s as rewarding and unforgettable as it sounds.
- Join home-visits for patients who need extra care and support and for mothers and their newborn babies.
- Support the staff with essential healthcare education like hygiene and nutrition and immunization campaigns such as HIV/AIDS among other infectious diseases.
- Part of your daily activities includes counting pills and dispensing medicine among many others.
- Help with documenting, filing, cleaning and general maintenance in the clinic you’ll be assigned to.
→ Prices start from $1524 or £1030 for 2 weeks
Our start dates for 2019 are:
We generally ask for volunteers to arrive at this project every other Sunday or Monday, and you can volunteer from 2 weeks up to 12 weeks.
- 7, 14 & 28 January
- 11 & 25 February
- 11 & 25 March
- 8 & 22 April
- 6 & 20 May
- 3 & 17 June
- 1, 15 & 29 July
- 12 & 26 August
- 9 & 23 September
- 7 & 21 October
- 4 & 18 November
- 2, 16 & 30 December
(This project remains open over the Christmas period)