Photography Experience Maasai Mara
Expand your wildlife photography portfolio and skills in the breathtaking, Maasai Mara ecosystem. Africa’s Eden for wildlife and wildlife photography! Home to the famous Migration, known as Africa’s Greatest Show. Explore this world renowned destination through your lens and capture some of Africa’s most iconic wildlife scenes.
→ Prices start from US$3,800 for 2 weeks
A Wildlife Photography Experience With A Purpose
This one of kind Wildlife Photography Experience is designed to offer you the opportunity to photograph the incredible Maasai Mara Ecosystem at a fraction of the price. This haven for wildlife offers one of the best opportunities in the world to greatly increase your nature portfolio with incredible photography opportunities around every corner!
What Does The Wildlife Photography Experience Entail?
Spend your time exploring and photographing the Pardamat Conservation Area (PCA). One of fifteen conservancies that span over 300,000 acres providing critical wildlife corridors between the Maasai Mara and Serengeti ecosystems.
As is the way in Kenya, many wildlife areas are shared by the local Maasai people who coexist with some of Africa’s most dangerous animals. These conservancies have been established with a dual mandate of wildlife conservation preservation as well as the protection, empowerment and improvement of the local Maasai communities. You will therefore be playing an important role of habituating the wildlife in these newly established conservation areas.
Your days will be spent practicing wildlife photography under the guidance and instruction of our photography project leader. You will take part in theory classes in photography and editing, and assignments designed to improve your skills.
Besides expanding your wildlife portfolio you will also be documenting wildlife sightings in collaboration with the Big Cat & Elephant Research and Conservation project, which is invaluable to the greater conservation of the area.
Our aim is that you will leave Kenya having grown as a photographer, with an amazing portfolio and having contributed to the greater conservation efforts of the area.
Your Maasai Mara Experience!
The Maasai Mara is World Renowned for its wildlife, and that’s exactly why we have established the Wildlife Photography Experience in this haven for nature. With purpose built photography drives, walks and activities, this is one of the best destinations to truly put your camera skills to the test.
This experience caters for all levels of photographers. Under the guidance of our expert leaders, who are there to help you improve your photography, no matter your level.
For those more experienced, this offers unparalleled photography opportunities, in a more cost effective way than your traditional safari. What’s more, you are helping to spread awareness of the great work being done for conservation in the area.
But that’s not all!
There are endless opportunities to explore one of the true wonders of wildlife in Africa. For those keen to explore further afield there is so much to do and offer a photographer in this incredible destination.
Visits to a nearby luxury camp, Eagles View, are very popular. Most just go for the day to relax, have a drink and maybe some dinner whilst watching the waterhole and its ever teeming flow of animals. Some even choose to spoil themselves and spend a night in luxury.
The world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve is also nearby, and you could spend your free time going on safari through its wild landscapes in search of elephants, lions, rhinos, and other iconic African wildlife. At certain times of the year, the greatest land animal migration is on full display, with millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle moving from one feeding ground to another.
How about witnessing the Mara from the sky on a hot air balloon safari? An experience you will never forget! Or a day trip to the world famous Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, a safe haven for orphaned and injured elephants.
For those looking to completely unwind, Kenya has some of the most spectacular coastlines and pristine beaches. How does a week photographing incredible wildlife followed by relaxing on a beach sound?
A Day In The Life Of A Photography Intern
- Enjoy daily game drives accompanied by one of our Photography Project Leaders, where you can capture the abundance of wildlife that call this area home. With your keen eye you may even capture the most elusive residents.
- Participate in assignments and classes designed by our Photography Project Leader to improve your photography and editing skills, while exchanging ideas with your fellow photographers.
- Participate in specialised workshops focusing on creative lighting techniques, framing and compositions, macro photography (if you have a macro lens) as well as the ever amazing astro photography.
- Enjoy a weekly game drive to the Maasai Mara National Reserve where you might have the chance to photograph big cats!
- Immerse yourself in the world-famous Mara ecosystem, natures very best wildlife show, and every photographer’s dream – at a cheaper price than a traditional Photographic Safari.
- Assist Big Cat & Elephant Research and Conservation with collecting data on your game drives and use your skills to help them gather content and spread awareness about the crucial work they are doing.
- Capture that one angle of the Maasai Mara that has not been captured before, your angle!
Why Join This Wildlife Photography Experience?
Why Not is our answer to that!
- This experience has everything a photographer could possibly want!
- Based in the World Famous Maasai Mara Ecosystem, offering the very best wildlife experiences you could possibly have with mind blowing photography opportunities wherever you turn your camera!
- Its super affordable, and one of the cheapest Maasai Mara photography opportunities out there.
- Its guaranteed to greatly improve your photography portfolio, and maybe even make you a better photographer
Prices & Duration (based on a minimum of 4 people)
|Start Dates 2022||Start Dates 2023|
|Every Second Monday||Every Second Monday|