Building & Construction
Volunteering in construction
Although Peru is one of the richest countries worldwide in natural resources and has been growing over the last couple of years, it’s still struggling to improve its social development and shows big differences in access to education, healthcare and housing.
By joining our construction project you will be involved in a real hands-on meaningful programme in which you can actually see and touch the high impact you are making towards community development!
Whether it ́s building or renovating houses, schools or community centres your help will make a difference in someone’s life!
Ready to join us?
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience even though I was only there for a week, I was able to see the culture and I also got to volunteer in among the city of Cusco with helping to build a roof and a fence at a preschool as well as dug out the surrounding dirt around the building for a future retaining wall.
They made the trip stress free and unforgettable!!!!!!! The staff was extremely friendly, reliable, and helpful. The host family was very accommodating and welcomed us into their home with open arms!
Cuzco is one of the most famous cities in Latin America and its visited by over 3 million tourists every year that come to enjoy this historical site, the former capital of the Inca Empire.
However, besides its beauty and magnificence, it’s also proof of the huge inequality gap existing all over the continent where the resources and opportunities between the richest and the poorest grow daily.
All over the city, we can find huge needs for better education, healthcare or access to housing. By joining this project our volunteers truly focus on community development and in making a difference in people’s lives. Schools are overcrowded and scattered, health clinics lack resources and are sometimes far away from rural communities, and community centres are non-existent in many areas.
And that’s where our team of volunteers comes in by building or repairing homes, adding classrooms to schools, or making structural improvements to clinics!
You can change the life of a community and make a real difference you can actually see after just a few weeks in Cuzco.
A Day In Your Life
Working hours vary according to the needs of the project, but you can expect to work 3-4 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
Your working hours will either be in the morning or in the afternoon depending on the current construction project, and if interested we can add and schedule native Spanish classes during your off hours. Just ask and we ́ll help you organize them!
- You will have the amazing opportunity of actually seeing the results of your project and how it makes a difference in people’s lives!
- You will learn about both traditional and more modern building methods, working with adobe, plaster, and bamboo or cement block, drywall, and aluminum, under the guidance of our professional local foremen.
- Focus on true community development! Whether it ́s building or repairing homes, adding classrooms to schools, or making structural improvements to clinics you will be going MAD with our project!
- Your work will be physically demanding and may include digging, removing dirt, mixing cement, carrying bricks, preparing adobe, painting, plastering, helping in beautification or renovation work, and various other activities as needed at the work site.
- Make the most of your time in Peru and take on additional Spanish lessons so to go back home with a new language on your CV! Ask for additional costs for the lessons!
- Enjoy your free time on the former Capital of the Inca Empire and be amazed by this beautiful city and the hundred of tourism opportunities you´ll be able to experience, including a visit to Machu Picchu, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!
→ Prices start from $1005 or £791 for 2 weeks
Our start dates for 2019 are:
This project starts every Monday throughout the year.
We generally ask for volunteers to arrive at this project the day before on the Sunday and you can volunteer from 2 weeks up to 12 weeks. Projects last day is on the Saturday.
(This project remains open over the Christmas period)